Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Vintage and Antique Button Cards~ Lady Washington and Bluebird Brands~

Hi Everyone!
    Well it is time. Time to blog! Some of you may wonder where have I been. Well obviously I am still alive. I have not been sick except for a cold. Nothing broken or hurt. My excuses; procrastination, down right lazy, Pintrest (so addicting). Yes all of that but one of the biggest reasons is working on vintage button cards. Wanting to make button cards is the original reason I have a blog! 
   Searching for images,scanning old button cards and cleaning them up has been incredibly fun and very time consuming. I can't stop!  Marie, another volunteer has joined in the fun. Thank goodness I have someone to share this adventure with. She has been handling the printing, sorting buttons and helping me sew buttons on the cards.
The response has been so positive. The customers love them and the buttons are selling out. The oohs and ahhs and appreciation from the staff is so rewarding. Who doesn't like positive feedback on something you have created!
    So that leads me to my theme for the day. Old and new button cards! Here are 8 out of the 60 that are finished. I have at least a hundred still to finish up and continue to look for more! Some are my own creations. Please remember I am still figuring this out as I go along. Hopefully the quality will improve. Some of you make beautiful things using the images on my blog but it is a new endeavor for me.
                             Much love to all of you,Louise

14 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

These are so beautiful, thank you so much for sharing them with us! No wonder your customers like them!!

I create freebies for my blogfriends, usually once a week on a Friday. Last friday I used some flowers from beautiful old plates you showed us a while back. I have linked back to you. If you want to see it, here is a link: http://astridsartisticefforts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/friday-freebie-birds-and-butterflies.html

Unknown said...

Contente de retrouver tes belles images. Merci

The Feathered Nest said...

Thank you so much sweet friend!!! xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful and wonderfully imaginative. Thank you so much.
It is very good to hear from you again after such a long absence from your blog. How nice to hear that you were happily busy while taking a break from your blog!
Wishing you a most happy and creative rest of the week. With kind regards, Enjay

Starsunflower Studio said...

Lovely graphics! Thanks for sharing hon.

marda said...

I have missed you... and so glad to hear you've been having fun creating and not ill. Whew!!!
These are wonderful, and what a great idea you've come up with for the shop. I can well imagine they're selling like hotcakes.
All the best..glad you're back.

marda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clear Crick Cottage said...

It's so nice to hear from you, Louise. Please accept my gift to you at http://clearcrickhollow.blogspot.com/2013/03/for-bumble-button.html

for all the lovely art you have shared with us.
Thank you!
love,
Sherilyn

Solange Barreto said...

Seu trabalho é maravilhoso, amo seu blog.
Obrigada pelas belíssimas imagens.
Beijo, fique com Deus.

Elfi-jo said...

Dit is de eerste keer dat ik je blob bezoek...ben zeer verbaast!Dank je voor het tonen van deze mooie dingen! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

Joke
elfi-jo.blogspot.com

lemondedis said...

j'adore les boutons... et les cartes à boutons : j'en ai une véritable collection et ces jolis ephemeras vont vite aller les rejoindre !... merci de partager toutes ces jolies choses avec nous... j'ai créé des liens ici : http://pinterest.com/lemondedis/ephemeras-freebies/

Tilly Rose said...

Thank you for the cards...I love them!
Tilly x

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the cards they are beautiful, my mother and grandmother sowed and i rember alot of these cards.

Aussie Carrie said...

I have a collection of buttons, including some from my grandmother, mother and older sister. I will have great enjoyment picking out suitable ones to use on your lovely cards. The designs are very different to our Australian ones!

Thank you so much